Zoricelis Davila, Ph.D. LPC-S, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor - Supervisor
Consejeria Bilingue y Psicoterapia
1. Membership in Professional Counseling organizations, including The American Counseling Association (ACA)/ACA Divisions.
The following list are the different organizations to which I am a member.
American Counseling Association (ACA)
Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
Southern Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES)
American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC)
American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA)
Chi Sigma Iota, Rho Eta Chapter (CSI)
2. L.P.C. Licensure
Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor - Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors - Active and in Good Standing since 2005.
3. Involvement with legislative or social advocacy
I have been involved in Social Advocacy in the Community of Fort Worth, Texas advocating for the profession of counseling among the Hispanic Population and for the Hispanic Population of Dalla/Fort Worth from the Platform provided by NBC Universal Telemundo Dallas. A list of participations are provided here and also in the section of Leadership and Advocacy.
4. Attendance at two or more State or National American Counseling Association Conferences
I have attended to the American Counseling Association Conference (ACA) and Expo of 2018 in Atlanta and the ACA conference in 2019 in New Orleans. (Photos Below)
I have also participated of the Southern Association for the Counselor Education and Supervision Conference in Myrtle Beach 2018. (Photos Below).
I have attended and presented at the American Association of Christian Counselors World Conference in Nashville Tenessee. (Photos Below)
5. Proficiency in electronic course management system and computer technology skills (i.e., teaching assistance in a faculty section of a Blackboard course; developing a counselor education course assignment that involves technology.
I have demonstrated proficiency in electronic course manamgent system and computer technology skills by co-teaching with Dr. Joy Mwendwa the course CMHC 512 - Group Counseling. I assisted and served as co-instructor with Dr. Mary Deacon teaching the course COUN 691 Substance Abuse: Treatment and Prevention. I also served as co-instructor and supervisor with Dr. Cynthia Doney teaching the Professional Counseling Internship course COUN 699.
6. Participation in Counselor Education Program Evaluation (i.e., design a student survey about the program and collect survey data, conduct a focus group with interview questions).
i participated in the process of program and curriculum evaluation with the Christian Latina Leadership Institute as part of my role as Secretary of the Board of Directors and Instructor. I was in charge of developing the curriculum for basic counseling skills. Curriculum.
7. Manuscript submitted for publication in peer reviewed counseling journal.
I submitted a manuscript that was published for the Division of Multicultural Counseling of the American Association of Christian Counselors. Article
8. Scholarly presentation submitted to a state, regional, national, or international counseling
I presented at the AACC World Conference in 2015. The following is the title of the presentation with the corresponding power point and photos. More information in provided on the Leadership and Advocacy section.
9. Department or Outside Department Research/Scholarship Involvement: Participation in collaborative research/scholarship with mentoring other (i.e., research study design, data
collection/analysis, manuscript preparation, etc.).
Involvement in Research during Liberty's Research Week in 2018. I participated with an Oral Presentation during Research Week in April 2018 with the Research Discrimination Model of Supervision and won the 1st-Place award. (Photo Below).
10. Assist program faculty teaching a graduate course in counselor education or present in a
graduate level counselor education class.
I taught three courses in collaboration with Dr. Joy Mwendwa, Dr. Mary Deacon, and Dr. Cynthia Doney. The following list are the courses in which I assisted and/participated as co-instructor.
CMHC 512 - Group Counseling.
COUN 691 Substance Abuse: Treatment and Prevention.
COUN 699 - Professional Counseling Internship.